2021 Ford Bronco vs. 2020 Ford Explorer
|2021 Ford Bronco||vs.||2020 Ford Explorer|
|$28,500 MSRP||Starting Price||$32,765 MSRP|
|Up to 5 passengers||Seating||7 passengers|
|77.6 cubic feet||Maximum Cargo Volume||87.8 cubic feet|
|3,500 pounds||Maximum Towing Capacity||5,600 pounds|
|2.3L EcoBoost® Inline-4 rated at 270 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque||Base Engine||2.3L EcoBoost® Inline-4 rated at 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque|
There’s a new Ford SUV on the scene with the upcoming release of the 2021 Ford Bronco. And for Waterloo-area drivers in the market for a new Ford SUV, the comparison between the Ford Bronco vs. Ford Explorer is a necessary one. Ultimately, your choice between the two comes down to your preferences, lifestyle, and driving demands. This 2021 Ford Bronco vs. 2020 Ford Explorer comparison guide from Auffenberg Ford South Belleville should help with your decision!
Bronco vs. Explorer: Towing Capacity
If towing is a top priority for you as you travel around Columbia, then take note of the difference in towing capacities between the Bronco vs. Explorer.
- Bronco: Maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds
- Explorer: Maximum towing capacity of 5,600 pounds
Bronco vs. Explorer: Interior Space
When comparing the Bronco vs. Explorer, one area where the two SUVs differ significantly is their cabins. From seating to cargo space, these models accommodate different driving demands for Mascoutah-area residents.
- Seating: The Ford Explorer seats up to seven passengers comfortably. Meanwhile the 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door seats four people, and the 2021 Ford Bronco 4-Door seats up to five people.
- Passenger Volume: The maximum passenger volume offered by the Ford Bronco is 108.2 cubic feet in the 4-door soft top model. The Explorer, on the other hand, promises 152.7 cubic feet for passengers.
- Cargo Volume: With all the seats folded down, the Explorer holds up to 87.8 cubic feet of cargo. The Bronco provides 77.6 cubic feet of cargo volume.
Bronco vs. Explorer: Off-Road Prowess
Interested in off-roading around Waterloo? Then you’ll want to opt for the 2021 Ford Bronco. While the Ford Explorer does come with features like Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™ and AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ to boost performance, there’s no matching the new Bronco. That’s because the 2021 Ford Bronco offers features such as:
- 4×4 drivetrain with part-time selectable engagement
- Electronic traction control
- High-clearance suspension
- Available advanced 4×4 with automatic on-demand engagement
- Trail Control™ for Off-Road
- Trail Turn Assist
- Trail One-Pedal Driving
- And more!
Pick Out Your Ford SUV at Auffenberg Ford South Belleville!
Get in touch with Auffenberg Ford South Belleville to schedule a test drive of the 2020 Ford Explorer or to reserve your 2021 Ford Bronco. Take the time to check out the Ford Bronco Sport, and compare the new Ford to the Jeep Wrangler, as well. Our team is happy to help you pick out your ideal Ford SUV!