Learn How to Use Ford Remote Start
Curious about how to use Ford Remote Start? There are remote start features available in a wide range of new Ford vehicles, so the experts at Auffenberg Ford South Belleville are here to help you out! Luckily, learning how to use the Ford Remote Start system is pretty simple. Read through our guide to find out more about your model’s remote start system and how you can remotely control your vehicle via FordPass! We hope to be your Waterloo-area resource for all things Ford.
Learning How to Use Ford Remote Start
To begin using your Ford Remote Access for your Mascoutah drive, you’ll want to first start your vehicle!
- Press “lock” on the key fob in order to lock the doors
- Click the remote start button two times
- Wait for the exterior lamps to slash two times
- If the command fails, your horn will sound
After utilizing the Ford Remote Access system to start your vehicle, you’ll need to learn how to turn off your vehicle remotely!
- After using the remote start features, press the button once
- Exterior lamps will turn off
If your Ford model is equipped with the Memory Feature, you can utilize it to adjust your seating, mirror, and steering column positions when remote start is activated. However, the positions must be pre-set.
Ford Remote Access: Status Feedback
If the remote control feedback feature is equipped, it will inform you of the status of your remote start or stop commands. Here’s the meaning of each:
- Solid Green – Remote start successful
- Solid Red – Remote stop successful/the vehicle is off
- Blinking Red – Remote stop or start failed
- Blinking Green – Awaiting status update
What if Ford Remote Access Won’t Work?
When learning how to use Ford Remote Start, you might come across instances when it won’t work. If your key fob doesn’t carry out the commands, one of the following issues may be the culprit:
- The ignition is on
- An alarm was triggered
- The emote stop/start system is disabled
- The car’s hood is open
- Transmission is in park (P)
- The vehicle’s battery is low
- “Service engine soon” light is illuminated
What is FordPass?
Is your Ford vehicle equipped with SYNC Connect? If so, you can use the FordPass system to control it remotely. Luckily, there are no yearly subscription fees associated with SYNC Connect; you can simply download it from the App Store or Google Play in order to control the following:
- Start and stop remotely
- Lock and unlock remotely
- Schedule a start
- Check gas and fluid levels
Learn More About Ford Technology Today!
Whether you have more questions about Ford Remote Access or simply want to learn how to connect Ford SYNC, the experts at Auffenberg Ford South Belleville near Columbia are here to help! Feel free to get in touch if you have questions about your Ford vehicle, or schedule service if you need further assistance or routine maintenance. We look forward to working with you!