How Often to Change Cabin Air Filter
Wondering how often to change cabin air filters to keep your vehicle feeling its best? Many manufacturers and service experts recommend that you should replace the cabin air filter every 15,000 to 25,000 miles To truly determine how often to change cabin air filters in your car, look through your owner’s manual to find the exact replacement intervals. Read on to answer the question, “What does a cabin air filter do?” and cabin air filter cost with Auffenberg Ford South Belleville near Waterloo.
What Does a Cabin Air Filter Do?
What does a cabin air filter do? The cabin air filter keeps the air clean for the ventilation, heating, and air conditioning systems. A cabin air filter attempts to keep dust, dirt, and other debris from passing into the cabin, it can become clogged over time. A clogged cabin air filter will produce poor cabin air quality.
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Intervals
If you commute from Mascoutah to Columbia but tend to drive on dirt roads or through a lot of construction, this can determine how often to change the cabin air filter. Constant off-roading and your location can be a factor as well. Still not sure how often to change cabin air filters? Here are a few signs Belleville drivers should notice:
- Reduction of airflow in the cabin
- Lingering unpleasant odors
- Increased dust particles on vehicle surfaces
How to Change Cabin Air Filter:
- Look through the owner’s manual to locate the cabin air filter. You’ll find if it’ll be easy access or not.
- Typically, your cabin air filter is located under the hood or behind the glove compartment which is easily accessible locations. It will be more difficult if your cabin air filter is under the dashboard.
- Wear a mask and gloves to protect yourself from the dirty air filter and dirt particles.
- Throw the old filter in the garbage then replace it with a new genuine OEM cabin air filter. Learn about the advantages of genuine Ford OEM parts besides high quality!
Cabin air filter cost depends on your vehicle. The cabin air filter cost will range between $30 and $70. At Auffenberg Ford South Belleville we offer service specials and service coupons so you can save more!
Determine Vehicle Status with Auffenberg Ford South Belleville!
Whether you need a cabin air filter replacement or additional parts, Auffenberg Ford South Belleville is here to help you! Contact us about what our Ford warranty covers for a new or CPO Ford to meet your needs!